Art Basel Coming Back to Miami Beach in DecemberOctober 27, 2014
Art Basel Miami Beach is known as one of the largest and most prestigious art events in the world. This event will happen from December 4th to December 7th and will attract plenty of celebrities, rich dignitaries, CEOs and others. Many will travel to Miami Beach from all over the world to enjoy the amazing art shows.
Many of the best exhibits have been timed to fit with the Art Basel event. South Florida’s top museums will display the best of the best from private collections for visitors to enjoy during this event. Some of the exhibits scheduled include:
• One Way: Peter Marino – The Bass Museum of Art
• Impulse, Reason, Sense, Conflict/Abstract Art in the Ella Fontanals-Cisernos Collection – The Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation
• Collection Overview/50 Years of Marriage – The Rubell Family Collection
• RAW: Klara Kristalova – The Norton Museum of Art
• Myth and Machine: The First World War in Visual Culture – The Wolfsonian-FIU
• Cafe Dolly: Picabla, Schnabel, Willumsen – NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
• Beneath The Surface – de la Cruz Collection Contemporary Art Space
Along with these special exhibits, The Margulies Collection at the Warehouse will provide works by all types of famous artists to celebrate their 15th anniversary.
Over 250 of the best art galleries from all over the world will participate in Art Basel. This event draws more than 70,000 visitors every year and will provide:
• A selection from 13 art-historical projects
• Nine Solo Shows
• Four Thematic Presentations
• Premier Art from Modern Masters
• Five Gallery Sectors
• Project Based Sectors
• And so much more!
The event will be held at the Miami Beach Convention Center. Many other special events will also be held at restaurants and other Miami Beach attractions throughout the area.
For more information about the event visit, www.artbasel.com/miami-beach.