Buying A Summer HomeJuly 8, 2013
When you’re in the market for a summer home, once you’ve located the property that you think fits your family’s needs and budget, the next question to ask yourself is, Should you buy it? Buyers who are looking for a summer home will often buy without keeping in mind some simple things. When you’re out looking, remember:
- Don’t buy on impulse – Take your time.
- Every house tells a story, so work your connections – find someone who knows a neighbor and ask questions about the house you want.
- Don’t forget that you’re not going to be there all the time and there are things to consider such as utilities, seasonal preparations and closing down your house.
- Think about the weather. Would you rather put on a sweater or a swimsuit?
- Do you want to live in the most popular spot in the county? Yes, the house is gorgeous, but consider the location. If you’re going to spend your entire weekend worrying about when to leave on Sunday to beat the traffic, it might be best to re-think.
- Trust your Realtor® to help you make a good decision.