Coral Gables Garden TourDecember 5, 2011
Yesterday, Sunday, December 4, 2011, the Coral Gables Garden Club presented “Coral Gables, the Miami Riviera”, a look into the dream of George Merrick, the city founder. Each of the homes visited either overlooked the Riviera Golf Course or one of the waterways that meander though Coral Gables.
Each home unique in its’s on way:
– 1925’s Pioneer home patterned after the Colonial and Greek Revival Styles of the nineteenth century.
– 1950’s American Colonial Revival home designated as a contributing part of the Santa Maria Historic District.
– 1925’s Italian Country Home restored pristinely to its original beauty.
– Merrick’s only completed “Mediterranean Village” home which was copied from a villa in Italy.
– Pioneer home renovated by the owner/artist who studied under Efim Frumin, a renowned Russian artist.
– And a Modern Italian Revival home built in 2004 full of Cuban and Latin American Art.
A very pleasant afternoon spent strolling the serene streets, visiting luxurious homes, and experiencing our beautiful city of Coral Gables.