Creating Your Home Library
April 22, 2013
A home library
is a distinctive flourish that can easily be incorporated into any home that becomes a hot selling point
when it’s time to put your home on the market
. The library is a perfect place to bring your guests for a quiet evening of companionship, as well as a unique way to solve the issue of storage space, for families with voracious readers.
When creating your library, keep these things in mind:
· Maximize available space with floor-to-ceiling wall shelves and a rolling ladder.
· When installing wall bookshelves, make sure the shelves are integrated into the interior support beams of the wall, ensuring the shelves will be able to bear weight without compromising the structural integrity.
· Dark wood panels and shelving are a stylish accent color that complements rows of books, with wood and stone flooring a tasteful choice that creates a library with elegance.
· When selecting a room to be purposed into your home library, consider a room with a functional fireplace, which invites buyers to imagine curling up with a good book in front of a crackling fire.
· Chaise lounges, comfortable chairs, a writing desk, antique oil lamps or candelabras and modern, free-standing lamps are all singular design elements that will make the library a comfortable and functional place to read, study, or compose letters.
· Incorporate natural and artificial light to suit the purpose of reading. Windows, track lighting, high-wattage bulbs, free standing lamps and furnishing arranged to provide the maximum amount of light are all ways to create a library that is warm and inviting.