Going GreenAugust 25, 2011
Green homes sell more quickly and at higher prices! Create a check list to see if your home needs the following Green upgrades:
• Is your Green home should be positioned to take advantage of existing trees, natural vegetation and prevailing breezes.
• Energy efficiency is key to a Green home; Does your home have a HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) system designed and installed specific to your home; insulated/ high impact windows with low e glass; tankless water heater system for heat on demand;
• A low flow faucet and shower heads, dual flush toilets are the bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans ducted to outside; ENERGY STAR dishwasher to conserve water?
• Is your garage insulated and sealed from interior of home How is the air quality? Do you have a central vacuum system;
• Is the use of carpeting kept to a minimum and does your home have renewable materials that are also eco-friendly, such as bamboo flooring, engineered woods, cork flooring, recycled tile and linoleum.