The Shower Grows Up
March 10, 2014
Once upon a time, the shower was the ugly step sister to the bath tub or the Jacuzzi, but times have changed. Today’s showers are over-sized and capable of producing that pulsing rhythm of hot water to soothe the world weary traveler.
Even if the bathroom doesn’t currently have dual shower heads or is just a simple shower, renovation can change that. More and more the shower is catching up with the bath tub. Modern homeowners see the potential of changing the “plain Jane” shower into a great steam room to unwind in after a long day. Consider these changes:
· Installing a shower arm extension to raise or lower the shower head.
· Raising the glass walls of the shower so that it’s capable of becoming a steam room.
· If you’re relining the shower stall, why not consider alternatives to the traditional tile like travertine or other stone products?
· Add a comfy seat against the wall in the same material, and you’re on the way to your own steam room.
· The dual shower head system can’t be beat for that hurried morning routine or a lovely evening in with a nice bottle of wine.