The Top 5 Ski Resorts in the WorldNovember 18, 2011
Now that winter is fast approaching and the cold fronts are starting to come in, it’s a great time to start looking for a ski resort to visit sometime this winter season. Whether you are looking to have the perfect Christmas vacation with the family, a romantic getaway with your loved one, or a fun time with your skiing buddies, you may want to look into visiting one of the world’s top-rated ski resorts.
1. Whistler Blackcomb — Frequently voted as the “Best North American Ski Resort,” Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada, has a lot to offer. This village has over 100 restaurants, numerous international stores, and cafes where you can get out of the cold and warm your cockles.
2. Kitzbuhel — Skiing the Alps is one of the rights of passage for skiers around the world and where better to ski the Alps than at the “Pearl of the Alps,” Kitzbuhel resort in Austria. Seven hundred years of heritage and culture add to the wonder, charm, and beauty of this amazing skiing village.
3. Zermatt — Switzerland has long been known for its wonderful skiing lodges and resorts, but none are quite as remarkable as Zermatt. With the world’s second largest lift-served vertical drop, great snowfall, and snowmakers, you can bet that Zermatt is a memorable, world-class resort.
4. Vail — With 5,300 acres of skiable terrain, Vail is home to the United States’ largest single ski area. Regarded as “America’s favorite resort,” this village has lots to offer aside from a great skiing experience, including museums, dog sledding, snowmobiling, art galleries, skating, hockey, and ballooning.
5. Banff — Another Canada-based ski resort makes the top 5 list with Banff, in Lake Louise, Alberta. With its scenic surroundings, three ski areas, and great amenities, there’s nothing to complain about at Banff.