Tips for Getting the Most Money When Selling Your HouseOctober 20, 2016
When you decide it’s time to sell your home, you probably want to get as much out of it as possible. Sometimes, it has nothing to do with the market and everything to do with how the home is marketed. Here are a few tips to help you get the most money out of your home when you sell it.
- Price it right – Setting a price too high or too low may destroy your chances of selling it for the most money possible.
- Upgrade, but Don’t Over-Upgrade – Quick fixes are great, but spending too much on upgrades may keep you from getting as much back out of the house.
- Kitchen First, Bathrooms Second – Upgrade the kitchen first, as it’s what you’re really selling.
- Be Ready to Show Anytime – When you’re ready to show your home any time of day, you’ll be able to sell it faster and gain more offers.
- Curb Appeal is the First Impression – Make sure the grass is cut, the flowers look good and you provide plenty of curb appeal.
With the help of these tips and a skilled real estate agent, you will be able to sell your home for top dollar, no matter the market.