Enjoying a Day with the KidsMay 10, 2013
The 56,500 square foot facility known as the Miami Children’s Museum is the perfect outing for the entire family. It was founded in 1983 and provides many play areas, interactive exhibits and even bilingual exhibits. The museum is found on Watson Island and provides 14 galleries, classrooms, a gift shop and a 200-seat auditorium.
What’s found in the Galleries?
With many galleries throughout the museum, providing hands-on exhibits and plenty of interaction, you can enjoy a full day of fun. Some of the things found throughout include:
- Castle of Dreams – A two-story sand castle.
- Bank – A six-foot piggy bank, allowing your child to design bills and learn all about money.
- Health & Wellness Center
- Pet Central
- Safety Zone
- Meet Miami – Learn all about Miami.
- The Sea and Me – Enjoy water play as you learn about the sea.
- Ocean Odyssey – Discover the mysteries of the see in the 900-gallon marine tank.
- You and Me and Teddy Bears Too!
- All About Art
- Mt. MiChiMu – A challenging rock wall for all to enjoy.
- Seth’s Construction Zone – Includes a bulldozer, wheel barrels, a crane and more.
- And so much more!
Along with the permanent galleries, there’s always something else going on at the museum. Starting June 8th, the Dino Island exhibit will be open and will stay for the remainder of the year.
The museum is open from 10am to 6pm every day. Admission is $16 and $12 for Florida residents. Children under one year of age are free. Memberships are also available and range from $125 to $1,000. The family membership is $150 and provides unlimited access for two adults and up to four children. Free admission for one guest per visit is also included, along with two other guest passes. Other membership levels provide even more benefits.