Top 5 New Trends in Home Amenities and FeaturesNovember 25, 2011
The home should be your sanctuary: a place where you can feel safe, free, comfortable, and completely pampered. In this light, home builders, designers, and architects are always looking for the next best amenity to fit into homes. Here are the top five amenities to have in your home:
1. One of the most popular trends in luxury real estate is the super-efficient home. These homes are built with eco-friendly materials and systems that allow for a highly efficient home that leaves the smallest possible ecological footprint.
2. Another great thing to have in your new home is a super-smart system. Today’s technology allows for easy and convenient networking of household devices, electronics, and home systems from air conditioning to lighting.
3. For the best, most comfortable, and most luxurious showers, interior designers are now installing waterfalls in home shower rooms.
4. In any home, the kitchen is one of the most areas (if not the most busy) throughout the day and night. This is why many homebuilders are now building full-sized, fully functional outdoor kitchens in their backyards.
5. Another new trend in luxury home design is bedroom design and presentation. Extra-large beds, full sheet settings that are carefully fixed, master bedroom fireplaces, and practically anything that brings that high-quality luxury hotel feel are being incorporated into the modern bedroom.