“The City Beautiful” aka The City of Coral Gables is unique in the United States because of the charm of its Mediterranean Revival style, an original concept circa 1920s. The visionary developer, George Merrick, focused on a master plan to create a suburban community together with a thriving business district. The lush tropical landscape welcomes you with imposing formal Spanish Renaissance gateways that seamlessly tie into wide boulevards dotted with grandiose fountains, all highlighting the distinctiveness of Coral Gables. City zoning codes and regulations help to preserve its exclusive character and make Coral Gables one of the most desirable, stable, and well preserved residential and commercial neighborhoods in South Florida.
Coral Gables is a hub for an elegant lifestyle where residents enjoy a newly revitalized downtown boasting wide pedestrian walkways, plazas, boutique shops, and tree lined cafes. The canopied and lush foliage emphasizes the picturesque qualities that fully align with what the city fathers envisioned. The classic beauty of our city includes the highly recognized University of Miami, art galleries and museums, excellent schools, and beautiful golf courses and parks; all flourishing in the 37 square miles that encompass The City of Coral Gables.
The north Gables boundary is cordoned between SW 57 Avenue (Red Road) east to SW 42 Avenue (LeJeune Road) and north to SW 8th Street and south to US1 (S Dixie Highway).
Three golf courses are located in this part of the city; Riviera Country Club, The Biltmore Golf Course and the Granada Golf Course. The world-renowned coral rock Venetian Pool is only a few streets from the majestic Biltmore Hotel, completed in 1926. Parks and green spaces complement the residential streets that comprise the neighborhood. Salvadore Park and Tennis Center has playground areas for preschool and elementary age children, a teaching tennis center and welcomes tennis players to join in neighborhood leagues or individual play.
North Gables is perfectly situated for being the commercial center of Coral Gables; restaurants, galleries, local and international financial offices and businesses are in the well-designed downtown area. With easy access to Miami International Airport for travelers, this gives the city another plus for those who live, work and play in the area.
The verdant fabric of the neighborhood embraces parks and golf courses, including the Biltmore, Riviera and Granada Golf Courses. You can enjoy theater, museums and restaurants in the central commercial district. Schools in The City of Coral Gables offer excellent choices for your student, including a selection of international programs.
There are three easy ways to get around The City of Coral Gables no matter where you are:
- The courtesy Coral Gables Trolley system connects downtown Coral Gables to the Miami- Dade transit including metrorail and metrobus.
- Free local transit through the central business district in freebee’s on-demand electric vehicles * A centralized valet program makes it easy to drop off your car at a valet stand and pick it up later at another valet location.
- “The City Beautiful” makes frequenting gallery nights, live theater, movies, and restaurants easy and comfortable.
- Enjoy seasonal farmers market, holiday celebrations with fireworks, restaurant week and art festivals – The City of Coral Gables is the place to live and play! We’ve provided several links for you to be able to peruse what our City offers:
- Americas Collection, Inc.
- ArtSpace Virginia Miller Galleries
- Benitez Fine Art Gallery
- Bruggens Art Gallery
- Casa Bacardí
- Cernuda Arte
- Conde Contemporary
- Rojas Ford Fine Art
- Torna Art Gallery
- Actors Playhouse
- AMC Sunset Place 24
- Area Stage Company
- Coral Gables Art Cinema
- Cosford Cinema
- Gables Stage
- Landmark Theater at Merrick Park
- Ring Theater
- Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens
- Gifford Arboretum at the University of Miami
- Montgomery Botanical Center
- Ancient Spanish Monastery
- Alhambra Water Tower
- Central Baptist Church
- Coral Gables Congregational United Church of Christ
- Coral Gables Entrance
- Coral Gables Wayside Park
- Gesu Catholic Church
- Granada Entrance
- Plymouth Congregational Church
- Venetian Pool
Houses of Worship
- Chabad at University of Miami
- Christ Journey Church
- Catholic Church of the Little Flower
- Coral Gables Baptist Church
- Coral Gables Congregational United Church of Christ
- First Church of Christ, Scientist
- First United Methodist Church
- Granada Church
- Saint Augustine Catholic Church and Student Center
- St. Bede Episcopal Chapel
- St. Mark’s Lutheran Church
- Temple Judea
- St. Philips Episcopal Church and School
- Biltmore Hotel
- Chateau Bleau
- Colonnade Hotel
- Courtyard Marriott
- Four Points by Sheraton
- Hotel St. Michel
- Hyatt Regency
- Lyx Suites
- Pelican Executive Suites
Restaurants (Here is just a sampling, there are many, many, more)
- Bulla Gastrobar
- Doc B’s
- Eating House
- Ms. Cheezious
- Threefold Cafe
- The Craft Food and Drink
- Seven Dials
- City of Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Registry of Historic Places
- Historic Preservation Board of Coral Gables
- Nationally Recognized Historical Landmarks
REAL ESTATE SNAP SHOT OF CORAL GABLES BY ZIP CODES
33134 – North Gables
- Average FOR SALE Price $1,046,000
- Average SOLD Price $474,000
- Average SOLD Price per Square Footage $297
- Average Days on Market (DOM) 97 days